Take the Road More Traveled
Using university guidelines helps you maintain your place in Mason Nation while giving you the space to establish your unit or department's own identity.
When updating or building a site, you won't have to start from scratch; many background decisions have already been made. Your foundation is set; now is the time to put your creativity and imagination to work.
Guidelines only work if we all agree to follow them. It's pointless to set them if a unit writes and presents information in its own way. (That's what we've been doing; it's not working.)
We follow guidelines to:
- Build and maintain an identity.
- Present a consistent visual style.
- Minimize confusion among users.
- Increase trustworthiness and credibility.
- Develop a relationship with our audience.
- Deliver a clear, consistent message.
- Speak with one voice.
We also offer guidance on: